Thursday 31 October 2013

DOUBLE SAVE


My first post was scheduled to be on 1 November, 2013 – my birthday – but there's no better time to do this than today. It's a very significant day.31 October 2011, a day before my birthday that year, could have been a black day for me but fortunately, it didn't turn out that way. On this day, what was supposed to be a birthday surprise almost turned out to be a bigger surprise (but "badder").

My girlfriend, who had gone to get my surprise birthday cake, got involved in an auto accident on her way back. The bus she boarded had to take another route because the normal route had been blocked by some protesters. Partly due to the driver's recklessness and largely due to the poor state of the road (I hope my country gets past this), the bus fell on its side.Even though she was sitting in a place (the side that the bus fell on) where she could have sustained a lot of injuries, all she had was a little bruise on her forehead. No serious damage was done. Some passengers weren't so lucky though.The most amazing thing was despite all that happened to her, she kept my birthday cake (remember, the bus fell) even though she could have decided to let it go. Someone even told her to let it go but she didn't.It's two years now and each time I look back, I give thanks to God the Giver and Keeper of life. I can't imagine what 31 October of subsequent years would have been like if something much worse had happened. For this, I say a BIG THANK YOU to God for saving Olamidayo.
Also, I say a BIG THANK YOU to Edun Olamidayo (aka Orekelewa) for saving my cake. God bless you BIG time.Obviously, this post is dedicated to her.Call this my testimony and you won’t be far from the truth.

I'm Mr. Highzik...and I'm a Learner.


Image Credit: Me! *wink*

No comments:

Post a Comment